Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts are the most popular recipe on this entire blog! Everyone loves this recipe and I know you will too. You can browse the comments to see what other readers have done to change this recipe up a bit.
I almost didn’t make this tonight. I still needed to get baby spinach at Publix because they were out when I did my shopping last Thursday. The weather was starting to get nasty, and I didn’t want to go outside. But, I had been looking forward to this recipe. I am delighted braved the rain and made this.
Everyone in my family agreed that it tasted as if I ordered it from a restaurant.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
I kept it simple and served it with Rice-a-Roni and green beans. The original recipe had bacon wrapped around each chicken breast. I didn’t have any, but feel free to try it that way! Since I didn’t use the bacon, I seared both sides in a skillet and finished it in the oven.
See the original recipe if you want to try the bacon.
This would be perfect for entertaining. It is so pretty with the green spinach and cheese coming out! And be sure to pound the chicken breasts out thin enough. The thinner you pound them, the quicker they will cook. It also helps when trying to wrap them around the filling to close.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Ingredients:
1 10-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup shredded cheese Monterrey jack)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 boneless chicken breasts- pounded to 1/4″ thickness
salt and pepper
How To Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals, until wilted.
2. Stir in sour cream, shredded cheese, and garlic.
3. Lay the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach. Secure with toothpicks.
6. Sear in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
7. Finish cooking in a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes until no longer pink. When you take the pan out of the oven be sure to put an oven mitt over the handle so you don’t burn yourself because that handle is HOT! I have burned myself a countless number of times from touching the handle.
(adapted from AllRecipes.com)
Like this recipe? Try our other most popular recipes!
Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Cream Cheese Pancakes
Cranberry Apple Nut Bread
Cream Cheese Pound Cake