Everyone loves this Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe, and we are sure you will too!
I almost didn’t make this tonight. I still needed to get baby spinach at Publix because they were out when I did my shopping last Thursday.
Awesome! It tasted as it came from a restaurant.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe:
I kept it simple and served it with Rice-a-Roni and green beans. The original recipe had bacon wrapped around each chicken breast. I didn’t have any, but feel free to try it that way! Since I didn’t use the bacon, I seared both sides in a skillet and finished it in the oven.
See the original recipe if you want to try the bacon.
This would be perfect for entertaining. It is so pretty with the green spinach and cheese coming out! And be sure to pound the chicken breasts out thin enough. The thinner you pound them, the quicker they will cook. It also helps when trying to wrap them around the filling to close.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Ingredients:
1 10-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup shredded cheese Monterrey jack)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 boneless chicken breasts- pounded to 1/4″ thickness
salt and pepper
How To Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place spinach in a large glass bowl, and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals, until wilted.
2. Stir in sour cream, shredded cheese, and garlic.
3. Lay the pounded chicken breasts on a clean surface. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach. Secure with toothpicks.
6. Sear in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
7. Finish cooking in a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes until no longer pink. When you take the pan out of the oven be sure to put an oven mitt over the handle so you don’t burn yourself because that handle is HOT! I have burned myself a countless number of times from touching the handle. – I love these handle covers!
(adapted from AllRecipes.com)
Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Like this recipe? Try our other most popular recipes!
Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Cream Cheese Pancakes
Cranberry Apple Nut Bread
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.