I love the holidays. I am always on the lookout for a little holiday bling to wear on the big day but decided I would instead make my own this year. This year for Valentines Day I thought I would make Valentines Day Jewelry!
I have included the instructions for you if you would like to try your hand at this simple and quick craft.
DIY Valentines Day Jewelry:
I have supplies for three necklaces shown below.
DIY Valentines Day Jewelry: Supplies
If you want to make just one necklace, this is all you need:
One glass shape to fit in pendant
One piece of decorative paper or one piece of white cardstock and one valentine sticker
Two-sided glue dot
Charm with a jump ring (if you want to add a charm)
DIY Valentines Day Jewelry: Instructions
1. Cut a square out of your decorative paper or cardstock that is bigger than your glass shape.
2. Put a few drops of the glue/glaze on the back side of your glass.
3. Place your glass over the glued paper and slowly move it around until you have the glue evenly spread out underneath.
4. Allow this to dry for at least 1 hour or overnight.
5. After the glue/glaze dries, trim the edges of your paper close to the edges of the glass.
6. Peel the paper off one side of your two-sided glue dot. Place the sticky side down on the pendant. Peel the paper off the other side of the glue dot. Place the glass into the pendant, and the glue dot will hold it in place.
7. Put your chain through the loop at the top of the pendant.
8. If you want to add a chain, open the jump ring and put the charm on it. Then slide it over your chain, or insert it into one of the links, if you don’t want it to slide around.
Voila! Instant one-of-kind Valentines Day Necklace at a fraction of the price!
Not counting drying time, this necklace takes about 10 minutes to make! Happy Valentines Day!