We have been working on our daughters’ bedroom makeover for two weeks now. We shared our inspiration on Instagram, and I have been working on a few different things to make this room extra special for the girls. One of the projects was glitter light switch plates and outlet covers. When I started these, I honestly had no idea how they would turn out because I have never made anything like this before, but I love them. I think the glitter was perfect and they look amazing in the room.
You can also see our paint progress on Instagram.
You can easily make these by making a quick trip to Walmart.
Glitter Light Switch Plates and Outlet Covers Supplies:
– Light switch and outlet covers (as long as the ones you already have are in good condition, use those)
– Mod Podge
– Small Paint Brush
– Glitter (color of your choice)
– Wax Paper
– Toothpick or something to clean out holes in the plates
How you make Glitter Light Switch Plates and Outlet Covers:
2. Cover with glitter (use as much as you want, the excess will fall off) – Let dry for 15 minutes.
5. Once it’s completely dry, you can decide whether or not you need an extra coat of mod podge. I only did one coat, and it looked perfect.
Note: Don’t over do it on the mod podge or it will take forever to dry and may not look as nice.
This is the first one I made, and I went a little too thick on the mod podge. While you can’t tell, it did come out a little bumpy and didn’t dry all the way through. It still looks great, but the outlet covers look better.
I think this one is my favorite. This outlet cover looks beautiful on the teal, and I wish they had an outlet on one of the purple walls because I think it would have been just as amazing.
I can’t wait to reveal their room! I am so excited, and we still aren’t done. Hopefully, I can get the paint project, and chalkboard posted this week!
I don’t know about you, but I love these glitter light switch plates and outlet covers!
Want to see the complete look? Check out the Little Mermaid Room Makeover Here.
~ This post contains affiliate links to help you find the products we use.