We all want to be the Proverbs 31 Woman, but if your like me you’re easily overwhelmed. My goal is to write Proverbs 31 Daily, to encourage you to do small things each day that can make a big difference! I hope you’ll join me.
– Walk or run 1 mile today. Praise God by listening to worship music during your walk.
– Text (or email) your husband 3 things you respect about him today! Take time to really think on the things that make you respect your man, and thank God for those traits or characteristics.
– Play a board game with your children today, and talk to them about what they liked and disliked about the day. You can use this as an opportunity to challenge them in their walk with the Lord. If something went well, did they praise Him? If they struggled did they react in a godly way? After you finish the game, pray with them. Thank God for blessing you with your children, and pray over their concerns as well as praise Him for the blessings they shared. Modeling this for your children will have a much greater effect on them than just talking to them about it.
– Clean the entry way to your home today. It’s the first area people notice when they step inside. Wash the walls, clean the baseboards, and take a look around to see if you need to add any decorations to the walls to make your home feel more welcoming to others.
– Today lift up someone you know who is suffering with an illness of some kind. Big or small, it really doesn’t matter! Pray for them for 5 minutes.
– I would love to hear from you! Did you do any of these today? Do you have anything you do that you would like to share with other? We’d love to hear it!
The Proverbs 31 Woman:
An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.