I don’t know if this will become a regular component of my blog because I have a really hard time keeping up with memes but I hope it does.
Today I started reading Galatians and thought I would share some of the things that God impressed upon my heart. I would love to hear from you in comment section about your daily readings and what God is teaching you as well!
- 1:4 Christ’s death was a long time ago, and the world was drastically different back then but when I read that Jesus died that “He might rescue us from this present evil age” I know it’s not just for past sins. Not only did He due for the sins of the people in His time, but also in mine. Regardless of what those sins are that I struggle with on a daily basis, He died to RESCUE us from those. This dills me with hope because I know that I can turn to Him and repent and He will rescue me from those sins! I don’t have to be bound by them any longer because He has conquered them!
- 1:6 When Paul says he is “amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is not really another.”, I must repent. I have been living this for quit some time now. I know the gospel that is presented in the Bible, yet I allow others who don’t believe every detail, to influence my view of God. I don’t really even need others though, because I am great at making the gospel what I want it to be all by myself. Confession and repentance… it’s where I am.
- 1:10 This is the prayer of my heart today: “For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.”. Amen and Amen. Lord, help me today to STOP trying to please people and instead only worry about you.
- 1:16 When God called Paul out of his life of sin he followed God’s command to go. He didn’t seek approval or advice from anyone, he just did what God told him to do.
- 1:23-24 I think this is one of the most glorious and encouraging verses I have ever read. “but only they kept hearing, “He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy.” And they were glorifying God because of me. Wow! Sometimes my faith is so small, yet God can turn a hater into a lover, and he can bring Glory to the Lord he once detested. This is a verse for my heart of little faith!
What did you read today, and how were you blessed?