*This project is brought to you by Megaphone Influence and #SoapboxInfluence on behalf of Jouviance. All opinions are my own. The giveaway associated with this post is sponsored by the Kendal King Group.
At this point, it’s no secret to my family that I am facing a new medical battle. As a work from home mom I have always struggled to make the time to do things for myself, to spend money on myself, and a few months ago my husband had finally had enough.
I have suffered from migraines for years, and my husband reached his boiling point in May when he forced me to get a referral to a neurologist and an allergy doctor. It’s not that I don’t care about myself, or my health, I do. I just find that I can get so many other things done while I could be sitting in a doctors office trying to figure out what may or may not be wrong in my head. I also find it difficult to spend money on myself when I could be using that money to buy things for my children, husband, or other family members.
I am a natural nurturer it’s just my nature which means I naturally push my wants and needs aside. After my latest doctors appointments, I received a huge wake-up call and realized that maybe I am doing more harm than good by not taking more time for myself.
Now don’t get me wrong… I’m not about to go crazy and start living like I’m a single woman or anything, but I do want to start pampering myself a little more. I also want to start taking better care of myself and scheduling doctors appointments as soon as an issue arises instead of waiting a few YEARS.
Thanks to my husband’s urging I discovered that I have fluid on my brain (a condition called hydrocephalus) caused by a cyst located in one of my ventricles. Soon I will meet with a neurosurgeon to discuss my options. While brain surgery was certainly not on my to-do list, I am so glad my husband wouldn’t stop bugging me about going to the doctor! 😉
Here are five fun ways I have started pampering myself since my diagnosis:
- Subscription Boxes: Okay, so these things can be seriously addicting, but they are SO much fun! You should try them. I love getting a new box in the mail each month. So far I have tried four different subscriptions, and I only have one that I regularly subscribe to each month. The cool thing is you can usually try the first one for free and you only have to pay shipping. I have subscribed to food boxes, make-up boxes, meal plans, and even clothing. It’s like getting a surprise gift every month. If you are looking for a fun way to treat yourself a subscription box is the way to go!
- Skin Care: Now this one is not new for me because I learned the importance of skincare in my early twenties (thank goodness) but I will say that I may the huge mistake of getting treatment in a physician’s office a few years ago, and I will never make that mistake again. While my problem areas looked okay for about two months after it wore off, I was majorly disappointed almost to the point of depression. Now I invest in quality skin care and recently upped the ante with Jouviance RestructivSRD Coactive Anti-Aging Formula Cream and Jouviance Restructiv Collagen Boost Needle-Free Wrinkle Filler Serum. Needle-Free just the way I like it!
Jouviance is amazing because it fights the eight clinical signs of aging with visible results in just two weeks. The best part, however, is that it’s available at your local CVS! No need to run to the mall, which is great for me because I don’t live near the mall, and I go to CVS to get all my brain meds! All that combined with absolutely no parabens, sulphates, phthalates, mineral oils, colorants, artificial fragrances, animal-based or potentially irritation-causing ingredients makes me one happy girl!
- Flowers & Candles: Flowers and candles make this girl smile even if I put them in the basket myself and pay for them with my own dough! Seriously, I love buying myself flowers. I would say it’s a guilty pleasure, but I don’t allow myself to feel guilty about it anymore. I just love putting them all over the house. A room with fresh flowers and my favorite candle scents can sweep me off my feet even on my worst days and sometimes when I’m dealing with a horrible migraine that’s exactly what I need.
- Notepads & Coffee Mugs: I realize that I may be stretching this list out a bit. Maybe I do more for myself than the five things, but I think it’s okay. When I see a cute notepad or adorably geeky oversized coffee mug I just have to snatch them up. Thankfully I do have some serious self-control, and honestly, I don’t get out much, but every once in a while I do hit up one of my favorite stores and add a new mug or notepad to my collection, and it just makes me feel so happy inside. I can’t explain it. I don’t know what it is about making notes or journaling. I mean I love writing on my blog, but I will never stop writing on paper. I just can’t. I love notepads and pens too much!
- Events: I have always been pretty tight when it comes to money, but I am starting to loosen up a bit and have a little more fun these days. After all, I can’t take it with me, right? It’s not like I think I’m dying or anything but I kinda think it’s time I start living like I am. That’s why I bought my entire fam tickets to the upcoming Florida Georgia Line concert! Yep, that’s right, we are going to see those boys rock out! I want to live life to the fullest! I don’t want to look back and have regrets.
I’ll be honest; I’m scared. I’m scared to have brain surgery. No one wants someone operating on their brain. It’s dangerous, and there could be any number of complications but I am going to have faith, and I am going to live my life to the fullest until that day comes. I am going to take care of myself and treat myself. I am going to love like I’ve never loved before and when I come out feeling better than I have in years I will continue to pursue my dreams and continue to take care of myself and others!