What Cha’ Need:
- 3 cups Kellogg’s® Special K® Red Berries cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cold
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (12 oz.) strawberry or raspberry filling
How Ya Make It:
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S SPECIAL K Red Berries cereal, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until cereal is crushed and mixture is like coarse crumbs. Stir in water. Remove 1 1/2 cups crumbs mixture, reserving for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly and firmly into bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 325° F about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread filling over hot crust and sprinkle evenly with reserved crumbs. Return to oven and bake 35 minutes longer or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.
My family loved this recipe and so did I. I am a dessert fanatic, so I am always in search of sweet treats that are not going to kill my diet. This recipe is great because it’s only 160 calories per serving and only 3 grams of fat.
This recipe can be found in the Special K Challenge & Beyond book, which is a guide to weight management, healthy living, and delicious cooking. If you have never taken the Special K Challenge you can sign up here (free of charge). I personally love all Special K products so I found the challenge very enjoyable. Any excuse to eat cereal more than once a day is right up my alley!
About Special K Challenge & Beyond:
Millions of women ages 18 and over rely on the Special K Challenge™ as the proven way to “lose up to 6 pounds in 2 weeks.” Created under the guidance of expert dietitians and Special K® brand experts who intimately understand their audience’s needs, this book rounds out the promise of the Special K Challenge™ with a complete guide to weight management. Easy-to-understand nutrition information is presented along with 100 recipes and delicious menu ideas as well as supportive strategies for success. This is the first-ever book to accompany the Special K Challenge™, a tremendously popular and nationally marketed event.
Buy It Here
Connect with Special K on Facebook