We all want to be the Proverbs 31 Woman, but if your like me you’re easily overwhelmed. My goal is to write Proverbs 31 Daily, to encourage you to do small things each day that can make a big difference! I hope you’ll join me.
– Give yourself a mini facial. Heat water to a boil, then poor in a bowl or pitcher and throw in a few sliced cucumbers. Then place your face over the bowl or pitcher with a towel over your head. (For safety reasons don’t put your face too close to the water, you just want the warm steam on your face). Once your done wipe your face and apply a fragrance-free moisturizer.
– Give your husband a 15 minute foot massage.
– Watch your child play their favorite video game. Sure it seems boring, but it will mean the world to them!
– Wipe down all of the light switch and outlet covers in your home today! Say bye-bye to those chocolaty finger prints for a day :).
– Pray for those who have lost everything in the recent tornadoes and consider what God would like you to do to help.
The Proverbs 31 Woman:
An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.