We all want to be the Proverbs 31 Woman, but if your like me you’re easily overwhelmed. My goal is to write Proverbs 31 Daily, to encourage you to do small things each day that can make a big difference! I hope you’ll join me.
– Take a walk today, and look and listen for the things you often overlook. Hear the birds singing, the frogs croaking, and children laughing. God says that the trees and the rocks will shout his praises. Do you hear them? Can you see the beauty of each single moment. It is so easy to get overwhelmed by everyday life that we forget that a master creator far more glorious than we, created a world to be discovered with new eyes.
– If you husband is also a father, have your children praise him today. They shouldn’t make it up or seek to flatter him, but instead tell him how he makes them laugh, or why he’s their favorite dad in the world ;).
– Spend time talking to your children today about how blessed they are to have a father who loves them, and that God is our Father too, only he’s perfect, so he’s never burn the hamburgers :). Seriously though, enjoy talking with your children about your husband, and comparing how he loves them to how the Father loves them, and has a plan for their lives. This doesn’t have to take place at the table or as a “talk”. Make it natural and talk to them while you are playing a game or doing an activity together.
– Kids Bedroom (or guest room). Get in one of those rooms and kill the clutter and junk. Toss out broken toys, give away or sale toys they no longer play with. Get those winter clothes out of the closet and into the attic (assuming they aren’t still wearing them lol). Wash the walls and baseboards, clean the light fixtures and ceiling fans. If you have a steamer you could go crazy and even clean the carpet. It’s only one room, you can do it!
– Send an email to a friend today to tell them what they mean to you.
The Proverbs 31 Woman:
An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.