We all want to be the Proverbs 31 Woman, but if your like me you’re easily overwhelmed. My goal is to write Proverbs 31 Daily, to encourage you to do small things each day that can make a big difference! I hope you’ll join me.
– Make a 30 day goal. Is there something you would really like to accomplish over the next 30 days? Make a goal and make it happen. Share it here, I would love to support you!
– Pray hard for your husband today. Pray for his spiritual growth, dedication to parenting God’s way, and for his job. Pray that he would be the leader God wants him to be, and that you would be a wife that encourages that in him, instead of beating him down with his faults. (Speaking to myself here!).
– Play Hide and Seek in our out of the house. Everyone who is found gets attacked by the “Tickle Monster”!
– Kids Bedroom (or guest room). Get in one of those rooms and kill the clutter and junk. Toss out broken toys, give away or sale toys they no longer play with. Get those winter clothes out of the closet and into the attic (assuming they aren’t still wearing them lol). Wash the walls and baseboards, clean the light fixtures and ceiling fans. If you have a steamer you could go crazy and even clean the carpet. It’s only one room, you can do it!
– Smile and EVERYONE you see today, and tell those that serve you (at the supermarket, restaurant, or anywhere else) that they are doing a great job, and you appreciate them.
The Proverbs 31 Woman:
An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She girds herself with strength
And makes her arms strong.
She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.