In January I visited the Mall of America with my daughters, and was so excited to learn that the indoor theme park was now the themed Nickelodeon Universe! My daughters are Dora’s biggest fans, and they were in Nick Jr. heaven!
My youngest daughter (16 months) couldn’t really do much, but she stayed pretty content just trying to soak in all of the familiar images around her. Of course her word of the day was Dora, which she shouted every time she saw her. My two year old, surprised me by being quite the little dare-devil, and asking to ride everything!
I can’t wait until our next visit, so I can bring my boys… they were pretty disappointed they missed this!
If you are taking toddlers you may want to consider going on Tuesday for Toddler Tuesday, because they have special coupons and toddlers east free at participating restaurants!
This Trip’s Highlights:
*Parents Ride FREE on any rise where a child cannot ride alone. This is great for parents who are alone with little one’s and wouldn’t get to ride anything, or wouldn’t want to! I don’t know any parent who wants to pay to ride kiddie rides :).
* The park is super clean, has large walk ways (for easy stroller navigation), and the staff members are polite and friendly!
* The restrooms are clean, easy to find, and have changing tables and toddler seats (I love those seats, because they can save you from some pretty embarrassing “toddler opens the door before your ready” moments!).
*** This park is worth every penny (if you are buying the wrist band) because the rides are fun, the chracters are great, and your kids will enjoy every minute.
If you’re considering a visit to Nickelodeon Universe you may find this info helpful:
Unlimited Ride Wrist Band $29.95
Host a birthday party and the Birthday child is FREE!
– Military gets $10 off wrist band (just show military id)
– Save money with these awesome discounts.
NOTE: Adults ride FREE on any ride where the child cannot ride alone
Points: Start at $1 each – The more you purchase the more you save
~ Each ride has a point value (I personally think this is only a good deal if you are only interested in riding 1 or 2 rides, or have very little time to spend at the park)
Unlimited Ride Wristband $32.99
Galaxy Package (84 Points) $62.99
Milky Way Package (48 Points) $44.99
Comet Package (30 Points) $28.99
Meteoroid Package (18 Points) $18.90
~ Get a 5 hour wirstband for $11.95 during Toddler Tuesday – Available in the Toddler Tuesday Booklet
Dutchman Deck Adventure Course: (must be 48″ or 42″ with an adult) $14.99
CHARACTER MEET & GREETS:
– If you’re child has a favorite Nickelodeon or Nick Jr. character, you may want to check out the Meet & Greet schedule. From the looks of the schedule the best days to visit are Fri- Sunday if you’re looking to snag some photos of your child with their favorite TV pal!
They also have special events with characters who wouldn’t normally be there.
** 36″ Height Requirement (unless accompanied by an adult (who rides FREE):
– Blue’s Skidoo (3 Points)
– La Adventura De Azul (3 Points)
** 36″ Height Requirement:
** 39″- 58″Height Requirement:
** 42″ Height Requirement (Unless accompanied by an adult (who rides FREE):
– Carousel (3 Points)
**42″ Height Requirement:
47″ Alone w/out a harness, 43″ Alone w/ a harness, or 39″ w/ an adult)
– Fairly Odd Coaster
-Pepsi Orange Streak (5 Points)
** 48″ Height Requirement (Some Exceptions)
( 48″ or 42″ w/an adult)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock (6 Points)
– Brian Surge (6 points)