I enjoy preparing breakfast ahead of time, that way our mornings are a little less rushed. One of my family’s favorite breakfast foods is baked oatmeal. I like to think of it as cake for breakfast! This meal is not only easy to make, but there are so many things you can do to mix it up! You can add nuts, fruits, milk, powdered sugar, eat it cold, and/or eat it hot! I’m not going to lie, I feel like I just went a little Dr. Seuss on you. 🙂 You can eat baked oatmeal on a plane, you can eat it on a train. Baked oatmeal is good when it’s hot, and even better when it’s not!
Now that I have that out of my system…. on to the recipe.
What Cha’ Need:
– 3 cups of oatmeal ( I used old-fashioned because it’s what we had on hand, but I prefer quick oats)
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of butter (melted)
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp of cinnamon (I have also used pumpkin spice and nut meg)
– 4 tsp of vanilla extract
– Toppings (maple syrup, powdered sugar, fruit, nuts)
How Ya Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix it all together
- Spread onto a greased 9×13 pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
What are some of your favorite make-ahead breakfast meals? I am always looking for new recipes to try so please feel free to share them in the comment section!