I have one rule when it comes to my gym bag… It must stay packed at all times. As soon as I get home from the gym, I repack it for my next workout. My life has been a little crazy lately with interviews and moving so I like to keep my gym bag packed and ready to go. Any time I head to the car, I make sure my gym bag is with me. I never know exactly when or how many times a day I will be able to hit the gym, so I always try to stay prepared. With that in mind I would like to share my gym bag essentials with you. These are things that I simply cannot work out without.
1) Gym clothes: This one should be a no brainier. Unless I am actually leaving the house to go to the gym, chances are good I am not wearing gym clothes. I try to limit my time in gym clothes to the gym only. If not I would literally wear them all the time ( I mean they are pretty comfortable). I generally keep a pair of gym shorts or yoga pants, gym tee or tank, sports bra, and socks in my gym bag. Even if I am wearing gym clothes I like to have an extra set in my bag just in case I spill my pre-workout on myself before I make it to the gym (don’t judge me).
2) A lock: I personally don’t like to leave my purse in the car when I’m working out, so a lock is a must for me. While I wouldn’t care too much if someone desperately wanted to steal my gym bag and supplements, I would be livid if I lost my purse, so I don’t take any chances.
3) Deodorant: This is a must have for all gym bags. Please please please make sure you are keeping yourself fresh at the gym. I get it that we sweat, and I actually think sweating at the gym is very sexy, smelling at the gym…not so much! I personally use Dove Clear Tone because I love it. I have very sensitive under arms and this stuff works like a charm. Not only does it keep me smelling fresh even after a killer workout, but the clear tone technology helps reduce red marks and skin darkening in just two weeks. I have always used Dove deodorant because it keeps my underarms moisturized, which is vital for me. If I don’t use good deodorant I get razor burn, and rash out like crazy. Can you imagine trying to work out with a rash under your arms? I have done it before and it was miserable. I usually apply Dove Clear Tone 2-3 times a day during the winter, using it more like a lotion than a deodorant! If you haven’t had a chance to try this, you really should. Trust me, you will see results.
4) Supplements: To make life easier I keep three supplements in my bag at all times, along with a water bottle. I don’t generally keep the water bottle in my bag, because I use it all day long. My three supplements are Hyde (a pre-workout that helps kick my butt in gear), BCCA-G Reload (helps with muscle recovery), and my new favorite supplement Dark Matter ( seriously the most amazing supplement I have ever used for recovery and muscle growth).
5) Arm band and ear buds: I hate hate hate it when I forget my arm band. I will actually turn around and drive home if I forget it. For me working out without music is just not acceptable. I feel like I lose my gains every second spent not listing to pumptastic music while I train.
You may notice that I don’t have any shower products in my bag… I personally do not care to shower at the gym, unless I absolutely have to. When I do, that requires another bag all together!
So there you have it. These are the things that I have to have in my gym bag at all times. What are your gym bag essentials?