Are you looking for awesome DIY Christmas gifts for the men in your life? If so, this body scrub is super simple to make, and is much more manly than any scrub you can buy (oh, and it’s all natural)! I actually know a few men who would open confess to using sugar scrub on a regular basis, but not many. Most scrubs are marketed for women and they come complete with pretty packaging and girly smells. This scrub however is packed with the manly aroma of coffee and citrus. You didn’t know oranges are for men? Well, now you know! 😉
My husband loves orange oil. If there is a cleaner on the shelf that says it contains orange oil he will buy it. He says he loves the smell, and he swears it cleans better than anything else. That’s why I was excited to try a recipe for a body scrub that smells of freshly zested oranges and coffee. If you’ve never smelled the two together you’re really missing out.
Before I tell you all of the wonderful benefits or coffee and orange oil, I’ll share the recipe.
Citrus Coffee Scrub Recipe
1 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup fresh coffee grounds
1/2 cup sugar
6 drops Young Living Orange Oil (not pictured)
Mix the coffee and coconut oil together until smooth and then add in the Ameo orange oil and stir until mixed evenly.
– I recommend storing these scrubs in glass jars because essential oils will break down in plastic containers. Also please practice safety when using any product containing coconut oil because it can make everything very slippery.
– If you have never used a scrub, or a scrub with coffee please be gentle. Coffee can be much courser than sugar and can easily scratch the skin if you “scrub” too hard.
The benefits of orange oil:
– Helps relieve stress and inflammation.
– Helps maintain healthy skin by soothing dry and irritated skin and helps reduce acne.
– Promotes the production of collagen and helps increase blood flow to the skin.
The benefits of coffee:
-Coffee contains antioxidants that are good for the skin.
– Makes skin smooth and protects against normal sun damage.
– Increases circulation
These two ingredients are powerhouses for your skin. Add the soothing properties of coconut oil to the mix and that’s one powerful Citrus Coffee Scrub, which makes it great for the man in your life! Don’t worry, you can use it too!
I personally use and prefer Ameo oils over any other brand, but I will share more about that in a future post.