My kids love summer sausage, kielbasa, and all varieties of conecuh (thank you Alabama). They also love tortellini, I think we may be the only people who will eat it before cooking (I love it that much). So this recipe was a natural pairing of two of my family’s favorite foods on the planet.
This meal is so simple, takes less than 30 minutes, and is perfect for this busy mama.
Try this one out for yourself and be sure to let us know what you think!
- 1 6pk Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa
- 1 12 oz package Barilla Tortellini: Cheese & Spinach
- 1/3 cup onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet saute onions in oil and add in kielbasa for about 5 minutes
- Add in tomato sauce, chicken broth, garlic powder, heavy whipping cream, and tortellini. Cover and cook for about 12 minutes on Med-High until tender (12-15 minutes)