I am always looking for simple snacks that my kids will love. Banana pudding cups have always been a favorite of mine, so I figured I would make them fun again! Sure it’s easy enough to poor a bowl of goldfish or unwrap a granola bar, but I have found that one of the easiest ways to my child’s heart is by sacrificing a little of my time and making a special treat.
It’s not hard to spice up any boring old treat by making it new. Believe it or not, the culinary decoration is not lost on a child. They adore treats that are well put together (even if they are minimal).
Take these Banana Shots for example.
Easy to make
Cute to look at
Fun to eat
Ding Ding Ding Ding….. we have a winner (and don’t worry this winner doesn’t drink and smoke, or call itself a warlock((sorry, I couldn’t resist)))
– Vanilla Wafers
– 2 1/2 cups of Milk (I use whole milk, and I’m not ashamed)
– JELLO Cook n Serve Vanilla Pudding (4 1/2 servings)
– Whipped Cream (homemade whipped cream is always a bigger hit than store-bought)
How Ya Do It:
– Mix milk and pudding and cook according to package. (You could also use instant depending on which your kids prefer, and how short on time you are)
– Put 1 vanilla wafer in the bottom of the small dish of your choice, then cover with bananas (the more the better), spread pudding over that, and repeat once more.
– Top with whipped cream, and garnish with bananas and cookies.
For major cuteness cut the banana slices into hearts and crumble the cookies.
My kids LOVED these! Now I am sure I will get requests daily for this one. I plan to start using instant so I can produce them at a faster pace :).