Are you looking for a way to better manage your child’s weekly allowance?
I was too, and Allowance Manager was just what I was looking for!
My favorite thing about Allowance Manager (besides the fact that it’s free) is that each child can have their own account. I have tried a few ither methods in the past and they never seem to work. Paper charts always seem to end up in the trash, and dry erase boards always seem to get erased (not sure whose little toddler hands would do that…), but no one can edit my online account, but me (ok, and my husband).
Before I took Dave Ramsey’s Financial peace University course, I really wasn’t a big fan of allowance, but my thoughts have changed some. Now we look at it as more of pay-for-jobs than a welfare system. We require that the children work hard for their money and they EARN it! We also use allowance as a way to teach them about faithful spending. It is amazing how quickly a child desires to get into debt!
Jordan: “Hey Mom if you buy this for me now I’ll pay you when I get my allowance.”
Me: “Uh, no! You haven’t even earned that money yet, anything could happen… credit request denied!”
If you want to take this awesome tool for a spin you can sign up at AllowanceManager.com
Here are the simple directions for account set-up taken from the site:
How do I Create a FREE Allowance Manager Account to manage my kid’s allowance online?
Creating a free Allowance Manager account to manage your child’s allowance online is simple! From allowancemanager.com:
- Select “Create a FREE Account”
- Under “Manage an Allowance” select “Create a FREE Parent Account”
- Complete the required form, verify that you have read the Allowance Manager terms and conditions, and submit the form by clicking “Create Parent Account”. An Activation email will be dispatched to the address you have specified.
- Find and open the activation email sent from Allowance Manager. This email will include your username and a link to Activate your account. Select “Activate my Account”.
- When prompted, select a password by typing it into the provided form next to “new password”, and select “submit”
You now have an active account. The next step is to add a Child Account for each child to whom you will pay an allowance.
How do I add a Child Account to my Parent Account?
- Select “Add Child Account”
- Complete the required form pertaining to the first Child whom you are adding.
- Gender of child
- First name of child
- Last name of child
- Birthdate of child
- Email address of child (optional)
- Beginning Balance: This is used to input any existing balance that the child may have.
- Weekly Allowance: This is the weekly allowance that the child will receive. Weekly allowance is automatically updated each week to the child’s allowance account by Allowance Manager.
- Post Allowance: This is the day of the week that the weekly allowance will be posted to the child’s account.
- Click the “Add Child Account” button
If you would like to add another child, you may do so by selecting “Add another Child”. Otherwise, you may select “View child’s Allowance Entries”
Another child can be added to your account at any time by Signing Into your Allowance Manager account and selecting “Add Child Account” located under the existing list of Children.
Note: Allowance Manager is designed to keep a comprehensive ledger of allowance activity on your child’s account. Therefore, while Allowance Manager allows a parent to permanently remove an entry from the Entries page, we do not recommend this unless the entry was a complete error (such as adding the entry to the wrong child, for example). Instead, Allowance Manager recommends that you simply edit any entry where a correction may be necessary, such as editing an amount, category, description etc.
~ Open & Honest- I received a Target Gift Card for sharing this information with you!