Were you a tween or teen in the 90’s? If so you probably used some of these too (don’t lie, you know you did).
Slang is so common that often I don’t even think we realize we are using it!
Serisouly though this list is embarrassing!
– Let’s Dip & Let’s Roll Out & Bounce– Means: “Let’s leave”
– Aiight – One of my ex’s ALWAYS said this ( Means: Alright)
– Whassup– Made famous by the Scream parody Scary Movie and still as annoying as ever!
– What’s the dillio?– aka: What’s the deal?
– You Go Girl!– Check out this post to see more 90’s slang and tell me what you said!
– All That- or All That & A Bag Of Chips! (Means: The products, person, place, group has everything that makes you like them)
– All, Like, Whatever, As-if!
Oh, how the movie Clueless changed my life 🙂
Example: Did you see Sarah after practice? She was talking to me and I was “all” don’t stick your finger in my face, and she was “like” “whatever”! As-if!
– Bangin’ & Fine– Ex: That guy is bangin’ 😉
– Bling-Bling– Used to describe flashy jewelry (or any jewelry for that matter)
– The Bomb, Phat, Dope, Off the Heasy or Chain, Tight, Mad – Means awesome
– Brutal– Could mean bad or good depending on how it was said
– Bugg’n or Trippin’ – Freaking Out
– Chill Out or Take A Chill Pill– Means calm down (usually said right before one of my friends got into a fight)
– Chillin’– Answer to the question “What chu doin?
– Crib– Means: House
– Dawg & Dude & Fool, Homey– Used to address anyone
– Don’t go there!– Also often said right before one of my friends got into a fight!
– Word– Said like Amen!
– Down With
Ex: You wanna go to the movies?
Yeah, I’m down with that
– Gank– To Steal
– Get Over It
– That’s Ghetto
– Going Postal- & Whacked- Means: Going Crazy
– It’s all good– Often said after a misunderstand has been cleared up!
– My Bad!– My mistake
– Old School & Back In The Day– Used to describe anything that happened in the past
– Psyche – Gotcha or just kidding
– Shady– Describes someone you can’t trust
– Talk to the Hand
Wow! This is about as LAME as the word lame lol
– Throw Down– To fight.
– To Hate, Hater– Same as today
– Triflin’ – Backstabbing
Straight Edge– Person who doesn’t do drugs or drink
– Blazed– Getting high (I already told you I was a pot head)
– Rolling– A way to describe people on an acid trip
– You Straight– A way of asking if someone is okay (especially when impaired)
– Po Po & 5-0– Means: Police
– Dank– Used to describe really good weed